Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Humpty Dance Is Your Chance

So, I found a full level of our fountain full of sand today... a full level... the second one... crazy. It's like they're out to get me. Maybe give me a cold because there's not nearly as much sand during the warm days. Smart kids we're bringing up. As a matter of fact, I had a Raspberry ask me today what I was doing in his school. The nerve. Then he said, "This is my preschool, not yours." After showing him our business plan and explaining the dynamics of the investor's relationship to our ownership, he still wasn't convinced. He chased me from his room. I'll let him have it... for now.

If you haven't noticed, there are new photos in the hallways. We printed about 100, so your kid may not be in the first run. Rest assured they'll make it before the year is out. Some reeeeeally cute kids this year, too. Have a gander.

The small fountain is located near the outdoor art center now. I would have just set it all up myself, but flat squatting 300 pounds at an awkward Humpty Dance lean using my feet to push just about sent me to back rehab. So worth it to just walk away and let Crys handle it... and she gets a husband who can still stand upright.

Quick note: If you haven't listened (and/or created) the Otis Redding Pandora station, uh, please do so. It's amazing.

Not really liking these short days of sunlight... but I never have. I guess maybe I might when the kids come along. I would imagine the first few weeks they're just tricked into sleeping early. I can see how that might be nice, but in my kidlessness, the days are precious. With that said, there will be some outdoor lights installed soon. Not that you need to be playing at Cassidy in the middle of the night, but just in case you're leaving late some day... or you really need that midnight snack picnic in a sandbox one night.

If anyone wants those tree stumps in the parking lot, let me know. Free for the taking. As a matter of fact, if you have a third world country who would like an outdoor kitchen that has seen the wrath of Cassidy kids, rain, fountain water, and sand... also free for the taking. It lasted about a week... and again... only really suitable for children with no governmental health regulations in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment