Monday, April 5, 2010

From Mexico Part 1 (maybe)

Writing a blog does a few things to your personal life... I'm nearly sure this may vary between blog addicts (of which I'm not prepared to admit that I am one just yet). One, I've started talking to myself in blog-speak. I'll even go so far as to edit the arrangement of my words to make them more presentable, before finishing that sentence only I can hear. Two, I've become much more aware of what's interesting (and not) in my life... so much so that me telling you all is sometimes the reason for those experiences. And, let's be honest... that's a little weird. Admittedly, writing the Cassidy blog on my Spring Break isn't the model actions of a business owner who needed a break... but just in case a few of you aren't spread across a beach somewhere warmer than Santa Monica with no computer in sight, you have this.

Crys and I traveled to Mexico yesterday. It was the day after booking this trip that all hell broke loose with the problems in Mexico. If we're both adventurous and young enough to easily throw caution to the wind in hopes that it would have the delicate flying properties of a cannonball, the cab ride from the airport to the hotel was absolutely the Wright Brothers. Having bypassed the time-share cabs and the safety of Federal Property, we landed at the "other" cabs waiting across the bridge... I said we were adventurous. Within seconds of driving, he was on his phone. This is when I had wished to have paid much more attention to Ms. Harris in 6th grade Spanish. We then took a left turn away from the main road and headed up a mountain road. I noticed the cabs going in our direction had Americans, and the ones coming back had no one. Being the consummate filmmaker, I was mentally writing the story of a young American couple vacationing in Mexico, who were robbed of everything by their cab driver and his cohorts. Lucky for us, that didn't happen.

After about 40 minutes of passing hotels with high-voltage fencing and various guard-dog breeds, we arrived at what has got to be one of the nicest places I've seen. We settled in, swam a bit, and then headed into town for some snacks. We're finding that Mexico isn't the most vegetarian-friendly spot on Earth... not even at the grocery.

Crys did a good job finding our Spring Break destination. I specifically razzed her about bring the computer, but I'm glad she did. I do miss being at the school and seeing everyone. And as I mentioned before, I missed this.

Sunsets watched while being 95% submerged in water: 2

Back to vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment