Monday, June 21, 2010

Graduation to the Grown-Up Belt

Every once in a while it dawns on me that I might need my own blog. I feel like I have so many really really important things to talk about, much of which has nothing to do with Cassidy and thus gets forgotten and/or written about, reviewed, and then erased forever. For instance, the fact that I REALLY need to buy a grown-up belt. I am breaching my mid-thirties and I still have the cloth, 2 ring guy. I think it's time for a buckle and pin. I know, I know... what a shame this wasn't addressed sooner. I only have myself to blame for thinking a few of you might not be interested in my belt. For that, I apologize.

This past Saturday was our very first graduation ceremony. We even had fancy linens and white chairs, Queche and cream-puffs. The kids couldn't have been more cute with their self-made graduation hats. It was really neat to see all of the video and still cameras out... just like mom used to do. Next year, I'm thinking we maybe need Zach Galifianakis for our commencement speech. Maybe Bon Jovi, too. Think big, right?

Afterwards, we headed to a Cassidy grandparents house for what will HAVE to be tradition of pool, pizza, and ice-cream. Not knowing it was a pool party, we didn't come clothingly prepared... so Crys and I did what any self-respecting preschool owners would do. We jumped in with our clothes on. Miss Robyn even joined us... very possibly not on her own terms.

It was a great celebration and a nice way to say goodbye to our little ones. I really can't wait 'til they come back, when they're grown up, to say hey.

Thanks so much to the graduating families for being a part of our first year. Our families really do rock... and I'm not even being all that biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment