Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dooon't Stop Belieeeeeeeevin'

Tonight was our Holiday Party for Cassidy. Thanks so much to the Goldbergs, the Wiczyks, and the Davis' for hosting a great night. Much "shop" was talked, but watching you parents mingle and mix was great. Sometimes it's just surreal, looking at what Cassidy has become in such a short time and knowing how much it will mean in the years to come. Simply surreal.

After a few conversations tonight, I do feel the need to clear something up real quick. I know I'm just Crystal's husband, but I swear I have my own identity. Yes, I love football. And yes, indirectly and through some transitive property as it may be, I'm a Steelers fan because I have to be. But, Crys is the Steelers fan. I like the Colts. Just saying.

I did get a chance to talk filmmaking with one of the parents for a while... felt like a soft old lucky shirt I forgot I had (not the parent... just the feeling). I've been out of the filmmaking mix for so long, I think I forgot how much I missed it. Maybe I'll get back in the swing soon.

Toward the end of the night most people had left and DJ Goldberg spun some Journey (much to the dismay of Lady Goldberg)... to which all the guys sung in their flat cheese-rock pitch while the ladies just laughed. Whittled down to just 8, including the bartenders, our very own Helen started breakdancing to the likes of The Police, Weezer, and Ben Folds. You know what? I did get some video, and while I'm inclined to share, I feel that protecting her reputation as a non-breakdancing Assistant Director is in the best interest of the school. Granted, I might change my mind.

Tonight was a lot of fun. It makes me proud to see the community we've all become. Thanks so much for being a part of our first year. You guys mean the world to us.

Also, also... We will be leaving on Tuesday for the orphanage in TJ. If you haven't had a chance to donate a toy or two, please do on Monday. We have a few cars we can fill up.

Is there caffeine in summer sausage? It's 3am and I'm wired.

No comments:

Post a Comment