Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Muddy Trampoline

We had our very first teacher lunch today provided by one of the parents. Nice little spread. Thanks for doing that.

I was on Handy-Man duty today... screens, bulbs, fountains (may very well be the death of me), computers, printers, record player, sink... all with my shirt off.

I had a bunch of help today with the fountains. I think the little minds were fascinated watching the sand be sucked up through the tube. Reminded me of watching my Papaw cleaning his fish tank when I was a kid. I learned today that when we clean the fountains, the water overflow flows North... literally. I had been wondering why our parking lot wasn't a kiddie pool yet. Turns out the water ends up creating a pretty big puddle right next to the fountain. Little Joey and Griffin noticed... unbeknownst to me... and acted as if it were their own personal trampoline. My instinct was to keep them dry, but as I looked around at what I had created, I saw a much more qualified take... Ryan was smiling. He suggested they roll up their pants and helped them do it... maybe just a formality because they were soaked from the waist down. It made my day to see them laughing that hard spraying sand/water/mud everywhere. Either way, I'm honored to have teachers like him.

Oh yeah... in adding to the good fortune and random charm that's been following us around in starting Cassidy... the remote that works on the gate at school also works at our apartment complex.

11-0DH!

No comments:

Post a Comment