Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching Up

Where do I begin? Sorry for the skip in days. I know most, if not all, of you depend on this blog to get your day started... like a cup of coffee, brushing your teeth, or having your dog go fetch the newspaper. So, for my absence, I apologize. I'm surprised West LA hasn't imploded, but I'm glad you all pushed on without me. Okay, enough.

Since my last posting:

Public Works came out and requested a few items. We took out the South wall and are widening the driveway. Our neighbors were very cool about the whole deal. We're using the same fencing that's around the playground and adding some shrubbery around the perimeter. We took out the ramp that was into the parking lot... that is now the playground... they're pouring new concrete today.

The plumbing is now done and all appliances installed. The classroom sinks are in. All of the baby toilets and sinks are in and they're adorable.

The painters are done except for the windows... they're sanding the edges.

The flooring is done... except for a little space up front that no one knew what to do with. Looks pretty amazing if I do say so myself... which I am.

They're cutting and installing baseboards today.

Our teachers are sanding and clearing our little chairs and putting together some of our furniture.

The playground turf is being installed today. The structures are almost done now, too. They're finishing the sandpit and putting sand in tomorrow.

I'm sure there's more, but I need to get back over there.

Whole Foods smells like my grandmothers cooking right now... comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment