Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catching Up

I guess the rain has made my blogging sense fade away. I got whipped into shape this morning by a mom looking for a recent entry. I sheepishly walked away to my computer...

So, I haven't lived in the South for about 9 years now. I can say that, without question, one of the things I miss the most is the rain. It's amusing to hear people complain about. The newscasters talk about "weird" weather, accidents go up ten-fold, and some of the smiles we used to get have turned to panicked faces. Aside from the wet socks and my old car's convertible top leaking, I say we've got it pretty good. Go on a hike in the next week... everything will be flourishing, green, and overgrown.

Just in case you're wondering about the status of my '65 Corvair (and I know most of you are), it's been on the road 3 times now. That's how I know the top leaks... ah, bitter sweet it is.

Please note: If you're reading this... and honestly, now I know you are... you need to come sign our architectural plans hanging across from the office. This includes parents, friends, other schools, nannies, grandparents, etc. I see a lot of only one parent when I know there are two of you for some. We're going to be framing it and hanging it on our walls forever.

Also, we're going to be launching a new website soon... maybe even very soon. You might have even seen it getting here. The idea is to start using photos of our kids on a few of the pages, too... some cute kids out there. Don't worry, we'll ask you first.

We've had a few of the local elementary schools come by this past week. We've been getting some pretty nice compliments, too. Thanks for that.

I'm going to go eat the rest of my turkey sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment