Monday, January 11, 2010

Watering Children

I think Crystal got dogs because she wanted to test me being a dad... I guess it worked out okay because she still talks about it. My point is, I'm not so sure. I would imagine some sort of parallel responsibility comes along with plants. I spent the morning watering and talking to our various trees and flowers for the first time in a while. Given the fact that the majority of our plants are with baby Jesus now... I'm second guessing myself. Aren't you supposed to water kids, too? I will say that the sensory garden is pretty handsome... no thanks to me.

I rode my bike out today on an errand. When I returned, the gate was shut, a police car was in our parking lot with its lights on, Mr. Ryan was comforting a small child in the backseat, Crystal was walking around with a clipboard nodding her head, and my heart sank a little. Turns out they were just visiting the school... crisis evaded. Thanks police people.

I'm really starting to think we need a full-time fountain man. I must have siphoned 30-40 pounds of sand. What's cute is that right behind me a new Blueberry was dumping cups of it right back in. If there are problems to have, these are the ones.

1 comment:

  1. Booo....did the GG plants not make it? They might have been watered TOO much.

    ReplyDelete