Friday, January 29, 2010

Stephen King's Pancakes

What a week. I would swear it's Tuesday, but I don't swear... on here anyway. I'll see how my memory goes...

The Strawberries made some popcorn... pretty much all week. They were excellent at sharing. For those of you concerned with the nutritional value of our popcorn, we use only the kind injected with all the vitamins and minerals you would expect from Orville. Ms. Robyn even has a popper just like the one my grandparents had when I was about 5.

I got a chance to play a bunch on the playground this week. What's unfortunate is dressing for the Valley chill in the morning and then wearing the same get-up for midday playtime outside.

I was fortunate enough to get a couple of slobbery kisses, a few tight little hugs, and I even made time for what is being referred to as the "tickle monster"... such an easy out with kids.

Last night we had our very first date night here at Cassidy. The teachers had asked all their kids out on a date for dinner and a movie. They all showed up in their pj's and had pizza and wine... no, wait, apple juice. Conveniently, the parents had time for their own date night if they wanted (wink, wink). HUGE success. Over half the school showed up and watched several Stephen King films.

Last night was also the meet-and-greet with our new Toddler teacher, Randi. Again, HUGE success. Ms. Carol will be transitioning into our Blackberry room with Ms. Tanya starting Monday.

Ms. Breck made sourdough pancakes today... from the mother (starter). Ms. Breck has been baking a lot lately and it's all from the mother. She killed her first mother... very sad news, but this one is doing fine so far. You actually have to feed and water it... just like having a kid I guess.

We've had several meetings going on about our benefit in May. Thanks for all of your help so far, parents. I know we're going to be doing a big drive soon for silent auction items, so be thinking of things you can get a hold of. Cindy Knight is our benefit chair and will be sending out emails soon. If you have ideas, you can contact her at cindy@cassidypreschool.com

I won't be here all of next week, so my blogs might be about Atlanta. Have a great weekend. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment