Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Going Awry

If you happened to call us yesterday, you might have gotten one of those "beep beep beep, you have reached a number that has been disconnected... blah blah blah." Well, let me back up. I got a phone call early this morning from Crystal saying our kitchen sink was overflowing. Ironically, I had just looked under the sink yesterday and knew I didn't have the tools to fix it. After I woke up and realized the phone call wasn't a dream, I headed down. When I walked in, Crys told me the alarm wasn't setting, the internet was down, and our phones were off. I pulled the back of my jeans down a bit, stuck out my belly, and put my head under the sink... turns out I couldn't fix it. After a few phone calls, the phone was up again. Helen ended up fixing the internet... not sure what she did. And I must say, my very own wifey fixed the alarm all by her lonesome. What a day. I've always thought it's better to have things go wrong all at once anyway... so, small blessings.

As I was leaving, I noticed the fountains needed water for our afternoon classes, so I headed back in. Miss Pauline was 2 steps ahead of me. Okay, so maybe I stuck around hoping to be invited to play chase or something... and sure enough I was. After much tickling and chasing, the kids headed in. When I got to my truck, Crys had sent me a text about being a daddy... blast!... she was watching.

Oh yeah, the sink's good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment