Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hats Off

Today they were pouring a new curb down in our parking lot. We still need to put a fence back up there at some point, but we just wanted to help catch the rain... does it really rain that much in Santa Monica?

More of opening boxes and putting things together today. The teachers actually started setting up their rooms and it's beginning to look like it should. There's so much really neat stuff in there. I'm not a preschool guy, nor have I seen that many, but to see how everything has come together makes me so unbelievably proud of Crystal. Her vision is no longer a vision... it's real and in front of me every day. Just seeing how the teachers are working together and how everyone simply respects one another for their strengths is assuring. We were pretty confident we'd hired a great group of people, but now seeing them in the school with materials and furniture, it's very clear that we have a phenomenal staff. Hats off if any of you are reading this.

Crys and some of the teachers went to IKEA again tonight for lighting. It's now 9:33pm and I'm sure they're still sifting through the racks. That's some dedication. There's another group going tomorrow morning.

I'll be hanging shelves and staining concrete tomorrow.

The inspectors are coming, the inspectors are coming! If any of you have an inside track to the Santa Monica inspectors, do it up.

2 comments:

  1. Just got the call about the week delay. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks for all the hard work to make what I am sure will be an amazing experience for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I'm talking about. I love the feeling of community around Cassidy right now. I can feel the rally starting for us. I wish I could express how much this all means to me and Crys. Many of you know how long we've been working on this, so to have so many right there with us just leaves me speechless. If there's anything that comes up where we can use your help, we will be sure to post on here. Thanks again and keep checking back in for updates.

    ReplyDelete