Monday, November 16, 2009

Cassius and the Korean Couch

Cassius is becoming quite the staple at Cassidy. If you haven't actually met him, you might be hearing his name at home. It's cute when this kids are asking for him, or making Ms. Crystal promise to bring him the next day. She's even gotten the suggestion to write herself a note and check it before bed and first thing in the morning so she doesn't forget.

Under the new label of "learning opportunity," the fountains made it through the day. We also moved what the kids call a bucket of dirt (known to adults as a potted plant) away from the small fountain. I think that helped.

I made it to the El Faro fundraiser tonight in Koreatown... and had authentic Korean BBQ for the first time... amazing. Hardly any English on the menu or spoken, so we pretty much said "whatever is good." I think it might be my new favorite.

This weekend, Crys and I ordered a new couch with two very scary words included... "custom made." So, 7 hours later we (and by we I mean she) had chosen the perfect color, the perfect fabric, the perfect frame, and the perfect pillows. This morning I got a call that our fabric had been discontinued... the only one out of at least 1700 swatches. So, tonight Crys spent another 7 hours picking out the second most perfect color/fabric/frame/pillow combination. I might just do a special 3-part blog on this couch when it's done.

Keep filling up the Food Drive bins. Keep checking out the Party Book website.

9-0DH!

No comments:

Post a Comment