Saturday, November 14, 2009

Life Truths

There are a few key lessons in life... Treat others with respect. Learn to accept the things you can't control. You can't make someone love you. Do or do not, there is no try. The freezer deserves a light, too. The Jamocha shake at Arby's is untouchable. Etc, etc. Dare I introduce another? Never underestimate the imagination and tenacity of a 3 year old. My granddad used to say I could break anything with a couple of cotton balls. Within hours on Friday, the "imaginations" broke both fountains in the playground. We've decided to now make them "learning opportunities." You know what though? Now I know how to disassemble and repair a fountain pump... and it's been years since I've siphoned anything. Gas... I think I stole gas one time back in my teens... to make my teacher think his new truck had horrible gas mileage. Plus, how could you ever be mad at these kids? I actually respect the junior engineers for pushing the limits... just like I did.

Thanksgiving is coming up... sooner than you think. Our Food Drive barrels are hungry, too. If you haven't donated, take 20 minutes across the street at Whole Foods. Every little bit helps. This weekend, my car club had a Food Drive for the MEND Food Bank in the Valley. We collected nearly 2000 pounds of food in 5 hours. Surely Cassidy can fill up 4 barrels... aaaaaand, I have a side bet with my car club buddy. Toddler families, feel free to jump in the party, too.

If you don't have anything to do Monday night, there's a swanky little fundraiser for El Faro (the orphanage we're helping this "Christmas"... again, feel free to insert your holiday and/or PC word between the quotes).

No comments:

Post a Comment