Wednesday, November 4, 2009

DH

Tonight was a pretty great night. We had our Grand Opening and invited all the local schools, preschools, businesses, education professionals, and friends. The place was packed out. Whole Foods was so great donating all of the food and snacks, too. A few of the moms and dads were the ones who made it all happen, though. Also, thanks to everyone for all of the good words about Cassidy, our building, and program. We really appreciate your support and look forward to getting more and more involved in the community.

With the growing popularity of this blog (upwards of several million people per month reading), I'm starting to get offered movie deals and television appearances across the country. I must say, in the best interests of the kids, I've declined. One request made sense to me, though. I got it tonight. She just wanted a simple shout-out... or is it shot-out? Just her initials, or our team's season record, or "hey". I'm gonna do it one step further. Donna, you are amazing. This lady runs Baby Group here in LA. Besides being a die-hard Colts fan (and being cool enough to bring me a Super Bowl fanny pad), she's ended up being an amazing friend to both Crystal and me through building Cassidy. Donna, you're one of the brightest bulbs in the scoreboard (and although you're genius, by brightest I mean inspiring and by scoreboard I mean... well, you get it). Thanks for your words, your time, your energy, and your advice. 7-0 DH!

I got a chance to meet some really dedicated people tonight. As someone on the outside of education, it's really warming to see how many of you live for these kids. They've never had it so lucky.

Thanks again to everyone for a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment