Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Bail Bonds Calendar

I sit here writing you from my Nana's living room in Atlanta, literally stealing (maybe sharing) the internet with a very unsuspecting neighbor... and so goes the neighborhood.

I came here just to hang out after a rough year for her, but we ended up going to Indiana where my Deeda (code for grandfather) was from. I got to see cousins I hadn't seen since I was 3, and some I didn't know I had. I would have to say one of the coolest things up there was seeing my last name, spelled correctly, on a bail bonds calendar. Well, and Colts stuff everywhere. Aaaaaand a breakfast place that, no kidding, served every plate with about 2 and a half pounds of bacon.

Before the trip, I was the brunt of forceful persuasion by my dad, to go see Biltz graveyards while I was up there. He's kind of a genealogy buff and had traced us back to several families from the early 1800's around Warsaw, Indiana. Again, cool to see my name spelled correctly on something, but I don't get along real well with dead people. I took a photo of the tombstone and emailed it to him with nothing but the subject line saying "proof"... sorry dad.

The trip up and back flew by. I got a chance to talk to my grandmother probably more than I ever have. She's a special lady... opinionated as all get-out, but I'm proud to call her my Nana. We did have a great time together. She's even giving me a few things to put in her room at Cassidy (the Blackberry room). On a side note: In true Georgia fashion and terribly inappropriate for a preschool blog (other than Cassidy's), I'm teaching her how to shoot a shotgun and revolver tomorrow... she's 82.

On the trip she got me into Patsy Cline and I even created a Pandora station for Cassidy. I would liken training a Pandora station to maybe raising a teenage daughter. At first, things are going well with Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, and Hank Williams (the early teens), and then they test their limits with Leann Rimes or Dierks Bentley while sneaking out of the house to kiss a boy. I would get it in line with the thumbs down feature, stop for gas, be gone for maybe 4 minutes, and all hell would have broken loose with Toby Keith. I think I've finally got it ready for the Cassidy playlist now. If you ever come in and hear Brad Paisley, don't judge me.

Leslye, in the past 3 days, I have eaten enough Chick Fil-A to last us both a month.

This week was our new Toddler Queen's first week. She's already getting some great feedback, too. We're really excited to share her with our community and welcome her to the family. She'll be available to autograph your kid starting next week... not really. Unless you want it... which would be kinda awkward.

I'm here for a little bit, but back in LA on Saturday. I miss the kids. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment