Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Messy Doormat

I'll have you know, I'm not nearly the sucker-emotional guy I might come off as... facetiousness as it were. With that said, tonight I heard, for the first time, one of our little guys say "Cassidy". Mommy said, "Where are we going tomorrow?" He said, "Going to Cassidy." My heart melted right there on her doormat. I hadn't heard any of the kids say our name yet and the past 2 years of working on this school flashed in front of my eyes. I mean, it's not like I barely teared up or anything... geez.

I did join a parent committee meeting tonight. Some parties were planned, some cookies were had. Lots of good ideas and lots of good input. I think we're on a great track for getting the parents involved in not only Cassidy, but our community as well. Speaking of, one of our moms got Trader Joe's to donate 100 pumpkins to the Cassidy Pumpkin Patch. Leslye, I know you're reading this, so I'll address you personally. Leslye, you rock... I don't care what Helen thinks about you.

I did catch a video of our elusive director on her way to a classroom meeting. Personally, I think she should lighten up and maybe enjoy the job a bit more... but that's just me... and of course I'm biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment