Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tuned Like a Crazy Person

I did a little more painting, scraping, and throwing chairs against the barn doors today. I even took a mason jar top to it. The little spots of red paint add a much needed element of character and dimension to the piece.

We booked a piano tuner today because no one ran to me in slow motion offering their services... oh well. He's coming in on Friday. I've heard piano tuning is very annoying, so if anyone wants to hear a 2 hour service in flat flat, please stop by. I think the last time it was tuned is when I was 12. I also know my mom reads this blog and will likely contest my facts. Stacey played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star today and it sounded a lot like Benny and the Jets. Being from 1921, it's chances of ever being tuned standard are slim. It will be tuned with itself, as the tuner told me over the phone, just like a crazy person.

We got our pumpkins today from Trader Joe's. Pauline and Marcy painted a sign for the pumpkin patch outside. Here's what happened. I was thinking of a farmer-style, side-of-the-road, messy-brush-painted sign. They pretty much Bedazzled it... fancy fonts, glitter, jewels, light bulbs, crazy straws, pipe cleaner, and gold leaf trim. Just what I was thinking. The pumpkins are available to families for a donation of $7000 each... nah, just playing... $3000. The donation bucket is right outside the office. Limit 2 per family... for now anyway.

The Strawberries got to play with Cassius and Kipi on the playground today. They learned... well, kinda... a few commands. Stop. Sit. Run. The stop and sit part doesn't translate the same when they're all running around... I mean the kids.

Enjoyed another sunset dinner on the playground. I think I've killed taco salads from Whole Foods.

Peas out.

No comments:

Post a Comment