Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quasi-Monday Donuts

I had a project today. Turns out the people who installed the music system kinda directed some of the speakers to the sky. Thing is, not many of our kids sit on the ceiling, so a lot of sound was being wasted. Time to pull the big ladder out and feel like a man for once... drill, screws, hammer, and all. Problem solved. I have brought the music back to the people.

Experimented again today with the music channels. A song came on that inspired an Otis Redding station to be created... man is it good. It must be noted that I sorta have what the doctors call a musical attention deficit disorder (thanks to the iPod) so I'm sure there will be lots of changing to come. The fine line is finding a genre that, for the most part, uses friendly language to convey their point. Kanye didn't make the cut.

We had new water spigots installed today for the playground. After talking to Crys for nearly a half hour about placement, they flubbed anyway. I think they're coming out soon to move it back where it belongs.

Michelle and Mia took the time to do a little gardening out back. It looks amazing. Thanks so much. I can't promise Cassius and Kipi won't eat what is both above and below the ground, but it's very nice right now. Again, thank you.

Kellie, your lunch today was great. You're so thoughtful and amazing for thinking of the teachers like you do. While I must say you keep putting my quasi-Monday donuts to shame, having the teachers realize someone loves them more than me (I know, how is that possible?) is liberating. Maybe they'll start asking you to fix things when they break now.

My eyes are crossing. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment