Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ripples

According to new safety code, any window falling at least 60 inches up from the floor, needs to be replaced with tempered glass. Except for the second level, all the glass was finished today. Joe walked me outside and showed me that some of it had rippled because of how it sits on the rollers after being heated up. He wanted it better and after seeing his passion for correct glass, so did I. Honestly, the rippled stuff reminded me of my home in Tennessee as a kid, so I was actually fine with it... but I played it off. With as much as we're paying for it, I guess it should be correct.

Speaking of money, we just found out that half of our fixtures bid were these double sinks... we scaled it back a bit, went with 2 sinks instead and saved a ton. I've never been one to cut corners, so when we can get something just as useful for much less, I'm all over it.

PS - My mom and grandmother are coming into town tonight. I'm sure I'll have stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment