Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Blog?

I'm pretty sure I usually take Sunday's off from here because not much goes on business-wise. I couldn't pass up sharing my most current installment of the LA Tour. Living here, you pick up on a few tidbits here and there about buildings, signs, houses, people, etc... things you can show to newcomers. The youngest of our visitors was 17 year old Brittany... Crys' mom's friend's granddaughter. She'd never been on a plane and never really West of Western PA. Seeing her eyes light up over what we'd call normal was really fun.

I promised to take them out and do the touristy stuff, so we set off today. Honestly, it's not my thing, but I love to watch people experience it. They wanted to see the Beverly Hills Hotel, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood and Highland, Chinese Theater, MJ's star, and the Hollywood sign. I added what I knew in my limited knowledge of the happenings around us. You get a completely different view of LA when you see someone else seeing it for the first time. I was proud of my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment