Monday, July 6, 2009

There are two kinds of fencing...

Today I was calling around fence companies to come out and bid on our playground fencing. On my 5th or 6th call a nice lady answered "International Fencing of Los Angeles", to which I replied "Hey there, I'm looking to get a quote for a wrought iron fence for a playground." Mind you, I'd done a Google Search for Fencing Contractors in Los Angeles. The line went silent for a good 5 seconds. I thought she might have been transferring me or looking up a number. Out of the silence she said, "This is like the Olympics fencing." It took me a second because my brain was switched in one direction. Then I remembered how my mom used to fence in school and it all came together. There are two kinds of fencing... each of which Google doesn't decipher based on the needs of the searcher. Maybe one day.

Just got a call from our contractor... the new windows are in and they look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment