Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sally's Room

Today, my mom and grandmother (Sally) got to see Cassidy for the first time. Sally got to see Sally's room which was great because I think she might be the only grandmother to ever see her room... maybe my dad's mom if she makes it out here. I'll try to get her to send me a photo so you all can see it.

I loved getting my mom's input on design ideas, too... she's got a pretty amazing house in the hills or Northern New Mexico that she built and decorated herself. We're stealing one idea of using old twigs for curtain rods. I'm sure there are many more ideas to steal.

We took the dogs to the beach right after. My mom's dog is a full-blown mountain dog so all of this city hoopla took some getting used to... jet planes, other people, other animals, etc. She had a time with the ocean waves. I don't think it made sense to her. While ours swam their hearts out, Zia just sat and watched. By the 2nd day I had channeled Cesar Millan enough to calm Zia down around anything other than my mom... much to her chagrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment